Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WHY THE RAYS WILL WIN IT ALL - COLBERT PICK UPS THE VIBE

Yesterday, we wrote this joke:

Worst to first in one year with essentially the same youthful personnel...ascending ineluctably toward baseball heaven.

There's only one plausible explanation (other than everyone being one year more mature) for this wondrous turn:

Until this year, they were the "Devil Rays." They have risen because they exorcised the "Devil"!

Last night, Steven Colbert made the same joke (although his version is way funnier, with higher production values):

Wednesday October 15, 2008
Sport Report - Lame
Sports Edition
The Tampa Bay Rays show what's possible when your baseball
team renounces Satan. (04:29)
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/188586/october-15-2008/sport-report---lame-sports-edition

This makes two days in a row that Comedy Central shows echoed something on HCO....coincidence?

2 comments:

Jared Sorhaindo said...

LOL that's funny because I used the same joke on my blog as well (albeit in a poorly worded fashion that I was too lazy to fix). In response to your comment: thanks a lot and I enjoy reading your blog as well! It is good to hear from both sides. Like I said, I don't begrudge anyone his or her opinion, provided that it is supported by sufficient research and knowledge. It makes me uneasy when so many people make decisions based on superficial nonsense (on either side of the aisle). Clearly, you're in the former camp, so I'm all for it. May the best man win. See you on Thanksgiving!

Love,
Jared

LOC LLC said...

Yeah, well, may law partner told me he made the same joke DAYS AGO...so I must conclude it's obvious and I'm not so witty after all.

I want to get off the politics--hate 'em all!--and go into more interesting, less incendiary stuff. Maybe religion.

Love,
UG